Bread of nuts and seeds recipe
If you are looking for a substitute for bread, but cant find a good one; here is a pretty genious recipe for a home made bread that in fact isnt a bread at all! At least not if you look at what its made of.. It looks like a bread, it tastes like a bread (or might I add; it tastes WAY better than bread), but its not really bread at all!
“How can that be?!” you ask? Well, I´ll tell you; and its as simple and fast to do, as it is yummy. I actually got this recipe from my brother Henrik, so I have to credit all the geniousness of this to him; thanks H! This one was pretty darn clever!
- 4 eggs
- 4 table spoons of a good oil of your choice
- 100 grams of Creme Fraiche
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
Mix it all to a creamy sauce, then add all the nuts and seeds you want until you have a nice bread dough. Freestyle! As an example you can do what I just did here:
- 50 grams of crushed flax seeds (if this is the only “flour you have you can use 100 grams of this)
- 50 grams of crushed almonds (if this is the only “flour you have you can use 100 grams of this)
- 100 grams of sunflower seeds
- 100 grams of flax seeds
- 50 grams of chia seeds or quinoa seeds
- 50 grams of sesam seeds
Place the dough in a bread form form. Place the oven on 180 degrees Celcius and then show the bread in there in the middle and let it stay there for 45 min – close to an hour (depending on your oven) and voilá! Nutricious and delicious!
Take it out and try it out. Its so good, so fast,so easy! Even I can do it And that says a lot. (Im the most impatiant person in the kitchen..) Let me know if you liked it!